ahhh so I have been here for two weeks and I am obsessed with this place. The people are so nice and everywhere I go everything is SOO beautiful. Last week I had my induction course with English Lacrosse and got to meet all of the other americans that are here working in the south of england. It was alot of fun - were played A LOT of pop lacrosse which is the lacrosse that is played with the younger kids and you use the plastic sticks like the ones we have in gym class back home. Thursday night everyone stayed with some of the LDO's that are in Reading and we went out which was a really fun time. FINALLY learned everyones names haha which was seriously difficult at first- so many new people and not enough space in my brian to remember any of their names! after we finished the course on friday we headed to Bath - which is by far the most beautiful place I have been so far in my life. everything is made out of stone from the same quarry and I was just in awe. We went to Bath Abbey and wandered around the streets. But we were there for a lacrosse tourney which was so awesome - its not like our tournaments back home - they are WILD here .... wayyyyy to much alcohol haha. we got to go out in Bath on friday and saturday night which was a blast - maybe a little too much fun??? haha needless to say sambuca and I will never cross paths again.
Im back in Oxshott now- just hanging out and getting ready to start a lot of coaching. Lots of lesson plans to do!! I have a couple meetings with teachers and then I am going down to play/help coach a club team in Putney which will be fun as they are my age. STILL NO CAR hahaha my lifeee... lets hope I learn how to drive before hmm monday when I have to start? haha ill keep you updated!
If you have a skype account- let me know so we can talk and catch up!
Miss and Love you all
xx
yay, british people plus alcohol plus sports = classic!!
ReplyDelete