Hello Hello again!
Got Back from a whirlwind trip to Dublin and Galway with Kim and jumped right back into the swing of things. Before we headed off to Dublin I took Kim into London for the full tourist experience and also to Hampton Court so that she saw a Palace before she left England.
Ireland was AMAZING - I think my favorite place that I have been to abroad so far. We lucked out big time as we did not have a drop of rain for the entire trip. (although I am pretty sure that is VERY unusual for Ireland at any point in the year)
First Stop- DUBLIN
When we first got there we had to take a bus to the hostel where we were staying. We wernt allowed to check in yet so we locked our bags up and headed to the pub for our first Guinness in its homeland. The bartender let us know that we were doing American's proud as we headed into pint three. We also grabbed some food to fill up and then headed to the hostel to check in. We had 3 australians in the room with us who seemed very nice but we didnt stay along long to chat. We quickly got changed and then headed out into Temple Bar to explore all of the shops and pubs. After a short while we headed to a pub with live music ( my FAVORITE!!) and met a few really nice americans who we ended up hanging out with for the rest of the night. We explored a few of the different pubs but all seemed to have the same atmosphere - live music, lots of alcohol and lots of fun! Tuesday was a bit rough waking up but we managed. We headed back to our favorite pub- the first one we went into when we got there- and grabbed some food and a Guinness. We didnt stray from Guinness much the entire trip and I am pretty sure my body did not appreciate it one bit. After lunch we walked down to the Guinness Storehouse for the full tour. Kim poured her own pint of Guinness and I received my complementary pint at the gravity bar - overlooking the entire city of dublin. absolutely amazing. The storehouse seems to have it right as they get you a little tipsy and then send you into their store before you leave- needless to say I bought a LOT of gifts that day. We pub crawled again that night but this time one of the Australians tagged along.
GALWAY!
We woke up and packed our bags and boarded a train to Galway and travelled with the Australian we had been out with the night before. It wasnt a bad train ride - only about 2 1/2 hours long. when we got there we dropped off our luggage, changed clothes and headed out into the city to explore. They have amazing walkways that bring you right out on the water on the coast. Kim and I spent most of our time walking around the water and then some exploring the different parts of the city. We got lunch at a place called the Kings Head which is the oldest pub in Galway. I got my favorite dish of course Fish and Chips. Hasn't steered me wrong yet. After some more exploring we went back and got changed and headed out for the evening. To say that Galway's nightlife is the most unreal and crazy thing I have ever experienced is probably the understatement of the century. It was certainly a night I will never forget for the rest of my life. We woke up the next morning and had to check out by 10. we walked down to the train station and grabbed a train back to Dublin.
To say that we were dragging on the final night of Dublin is probably also an understatement. Ireland showed us an amazing time and I cant wait for the chance to go back!
Lacrosse has been really really good. I took a team to the National Schools Tournament last weekend and my team lost in the championship game by 1. I was SOO proud of them as they played their hearts out for 2 days in a row. I am also getting ready for two upcoming tournaments that the club is hosting. We have our major POP tournament on April 2nd and we have 19 teams attending that and then our big field tournament on may 8th which will hopefully have 20+ teams in attendance.
Other then that not much else is new. Once I got back from Ireland I had to pull myself together- eating healthy and running everyday. I feel SO much better now - Day 15 and going strong.
not much else to report. Much love to all
Kaitlan xx
No comments:
Post a Comment